You Either Think Graphically or You Don't

Garrett Hylltun garretthylltun at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 15:47:04 EST 2005

On Nov 20, 2005, at 11:33 AM, Greg Smith wrote:

> I really don't want to stir up a debate, but I feel lost in today's
> world of application creation.

It's called human nature.  Just because one person climbed the
mountain, doesn't mean you can't climb the same mountain.  It's a
challenge for our own nature to try and improve upon what already exist.

Why do we see new cars every year, because someone came up with a new
design and better features.

Hey, where there's a will, there's a way :-)

Personally, it's more a challenge for my mind, food for my brain.
It's a hobby for me and not a business.  Most people like to sit in a
recliner and watch a movie for relaxation, or read a book, but I pump
out graphics and source codes for relaxation.

If you see no purpose, then you should find something else that gives
you purpose.  Maybe at one time you felt you had purpose in
programming, but if it's since left you, then don't try to force
yourself to stick with it, it'll only give you a distaste for
programming.

-Garrett