Apache Server with RunRev stacks doing the processing?

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Sat Nov 19 08:36:18 EST 2005

I'm looking for a way to have an Apache server catch a request (will
be using SOAP which is basically just a bunch of XML), feed it to a
RunRev stack that I can debug using the RunRev development
environment (ie not using a text file with XTalk in it), and then
format a reply (more XML) and feed it back to the client that sent
the request. I want to be able to watch the stack visually process
the request so that I can step through the code as it processes a
request and debug it quickly.

My preference is to run this on Mac OS X if that makes a difference
and my preference is to use HTTPS as the transport method, not HTTP
(which means I really do need to use Apache as the web server). Is
anyone doing something like this OR does anyone have suggestions on
how I might implement this.

I'm assuming I'd set up HTTPS on Apache to catch the SOAP requests if
that is possible. The question is how do I transfer the data that
Apache receives to a RunRev stack and then how do I send it back? I
do this today with Hypercard using Jason Sendman's acgiDispatcher
that feeds Apache gathered data via AppleScript to an application
stack but if there is a more elegant way to do this without going
through AppleScript, that would be better. The main thing is I want
to retain the RunRev development environment so that I can quickly
modify and troubleshoot the code.

Suggestions and links welcome. Be happy to pay someone to walk me
through this setup if that gets me up and running quickly.

Kee Nethery