Living together BUT not married: RR/MC and Linux

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 18 15:17:58 EST 2005

Mathewson wrote:
> However, owing to problems associated with the Linux
> version of RR (mainly with handling media files), I can see
> a parting of the ways in my crystal ball if RR doesn't make
> the great leap (well, its not going to be Linux - being the
> amorphous 'thing' that it is).

I don't know RunRev's position, but for myself I see Linux as a
challenging beast with two heads:  one head speaks loudly and generates
a lot of buzz value, but the other head tells me its desktop users are
relatively few and only a small percentage of those like paying for the
software they use.

On my side, supporting Linux is a checkbox and an installer and I still
don't bother.

On RunRev's side the committment is much more extensive, and it remains
to be seen how directly profitable it is.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal