Cmd-A doesn't work from Keyboard in Standalone

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Nov 18 10:29:39 EST 2005

On 11/18/05 7:57 AM, "Charles Hartman" <charles.hartman at conncoll.edu> wrote:

> So commandKeyDown works outside the field, but only rawKeyDown works
> inside the field.
>
> I'd really like to know if I've got something wrong about this.

Charles, that's not what I'm getting... I created a simple stack with two
fields - the script of field 1 is:

on rawKeyDown pKey
  put the commandKey into tCmd
  put "DOWN:" && pKey && tCmd & cr after fld 2
  pass rawKeyDown
end rawKeyDown

on rawKeyUp pKey
  put the commandKey into tCmd
  put "UP:" && pKey && tCmd & cr after fld 2
  pass rawKeyUp
end rawKeyUp

on commandKeyDown pKey
  put "FIELD Command Down:" && pKey & cr after fld 2
  pass commandKeyDown
end commandKeyDown

And the script of the card was:

on commandKeyDown pKey
  put "CARD Command Down:" && pKey & cr after fld 2
  pass commandKeyDown
end commandKeyDown

I put the insertion point into the first field and typed "Command-A" and got
this in field 2:

DOWN: 97 down
FIELD Command Down: a
CARD Command Down: a
UP: 97 down

This was in Mac OS X 10.3.9; haven't tested it in Windows... are you getting
the same thing on your end?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/