Problem with group script

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Fri Nov 18 09:05:41 EST 2005

Hi Thomas

Unfortunately yes, it's is normal behavior i've complained about for 5
years...
Anyone else annoyed by it? Sure... The reason it's not fixed is probably
highly
technical but i have hope they find a way one day...

The trick is to create your group and:
- use the context menu to paste into the group for single objects
- edit the group to paste multiple objects - or they will not appear in
the right order (another issue)
- set the loclocation to true when necessary or your group may more around
if the controls inside move too...

It's important to lock the location of the group if you do not have
controls that delimit the bounds of the group's rect.

If you have to edit a group and you have out-of-that-group scripts (even
the group's script), just keep the mouse
out of those windows or you'll get that error message...

to edit controls or the group:

- see the button in the revmenubar called "group select"... Very very
useful... It allows to select either the group or
it's components.
- Use the "select group" (the group is selected as one) when you need to
edit the group's rect or script or props.
- Use the other method for the rest. That way you never get that message -
missing controls...

Once you grasp how these "select group" modes work, you'll love it...

Note that when you edit the group, you can't do a lot of things, so it's
best to stay out of that mode unless really
necessary (like editing groups in groups)...

cheers
Xavier

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 18/11/2005 14:47:23:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on the script of a group.
> Every time I choose "Edit Group" I get the message
> "The object you are editing appears to have been removed or deleted..."
> with the option to copy the text or to close anyway.
> Fortunately the script isn't really gone, but it is awkward
> nevertheless (e.g. for copying names of buttons into the script).
> I also realized that when I edit a group there seems to be no way to
> edit the script (Object Script is greyed).
> Is this a regular behaviour?
>
> Thomas
>

> --
> Thomas Fischer
> Salzburg

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname at clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER