AW: Downloading mystery

Thomas Fischer fischer at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Nov 18 02:59:42 EST 2005

Hi Bruce,

> Again, if you substitute "revgourl theURL" in the appropriate place,
> you will have the patent showing up in your browser in no time
> (figuratively speaking, of course). Any hints for this problem would
> be appreciated!

this might be unrelated to Revolution. I had problems downloading pages using Perl, and finally gave the task over to lynx, the linux text browser.

The reason was that browsers are much better equipped to handle the communication between requests and delivery, primarily redirects and cookies. You might want to inspect the exchange between your browser on the one hand and Revolution on the other with the given site, probably you can see where the communication breaks down.
If you are using a Mac, you might try the download using AppleScript, that might work slightly differently.

All the best
Thomas

--
Thomas Fischer