Cmd-A doesn't work from Keyboard in Standalone

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Nov 18 01:22:52 EST 2005

WEll you can't block it in the IDE very easily.. but I found that if
I had  just this:

on commandKeyDown theKey
   switch theKey
   case "a"
     if the selectedField is not empty then
       select text of the selectedField
     end if
     break
   end switch
end commandKeyDown

then cmd-x,c,v (copy, cut, paste) were all blocked... so I suspect if
you have a commandKeyDown theKey  handler, and no "a" case, then it
might get blocked, at least in a standalone. but then you have to
code them all, which I did finally.

on commandKeyDown theKey
   switch theKey
   case "a"
     if the selectedField is not empty then
       select text of the selectedField
     end if
     break
   Case "x"
     if the selection is empty then exit to top
      cut
     break
   case "c"
       if the selection is empty then exit to top
       copy
     break
   case "v"
     paste