Cmd-A doesn't work from Keyboard in Standalone

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Nov 18 00:50:58 EST 2005

Sarah: I send it up to support and Jacqueline writes... wonder of
wonders -- something I haven't known for  years:

=====

Aloha, Jacqueline:

Outstanding! thank you... solutions... "Without either a real menu bar "

FYI, this I don't think is explicitely documented (thus my
consternation over failing cmd keys for several years now...)

All it says is:

"* Putting the / character anywhere in a line makes the next
character the keyboard equivalent for the menu item. Neither the /
nor the character following it appear in the menu, nor do they appear
in the parameter to the menuPick message.

And the tool tips for the Rev Tools all say "Popup menu" "pulldown
menu" all imply a menu, and other feature of menus as described in
"Menus and the Menu Bar" topics section *do* work just fine whether
the button in a group that  is hoisted to menu status or not (e.g.
cascading behavior) You might consider adding this that topic section
*and* to each of the  keyword definitions for  Popup, pulldown and
option buttons.

Thanks you I can now fix this :-)!

Sivakatirswami