HTML issue

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Nov 17 15:17:10 EST 2005

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your interest.
It's Rev html, but styled one with tags that use the words font,
size, face and color.
When these words are the searched words too, here comes the problem...
In addition, the pattern can be a part of a word.
I found out that the method I used is very fast (250 milliseconds for
250 000 chars where there are several hundred occurrences).
Then I'm afraid that a method that would use a repeat loop to get the
right chunks would be much more slower...
Several seconds...

Le 17 nov. 05 à 19:15, Scott Rossi a écrit :

> Are you modifying "real" HTML text for display in a Web browser or
> are you
> modifying a block of Rev text?  If you're talking about Rev text,
> can you
> just set the textcolor of a chunk description?
>
>   set the textColor of char 2 to 7 of fld "result" to green
>
> This should keep your formatting intact.  Or are you doing
> something else?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software