Signatures and quoting

Sean Shao shaosean at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:47:25 EST 2005

No disrespect intended Xavier, but your reply to my message is a perfect
example of what I'm talking about. It had the message headers, the stupid
Hotmail signature and the mailing-list signature quoted.

I'm on the digest mode because there are many topics mentioned on the list
aren't really something I'm interested (mind you there are more interesting
topics than not), but with all the "garbage" in posted in the message it
makes it very difficult to be able to scan through and find interesting
tid-bits of knowledge and snippets of code (somedays I just look at the
subject list and hit delete).. I wasn't on the digest and I received 40
emails a day that were basically bandwidth wasters I'd probably cancel my
subscription to the list.

Now if only email clients were smart enough to strip the signatures like
they're supposed to ;-)