Light text OS X 10.4.3

Bruce Lewis lewisbruce at rogers.com
Thu Nov 17 06:15:02 EST 2005

To add to the information.

Before this started, I erased the partitions and did a fresh install of OS
X and Revolution on both the machines. I updated OS X to 10.4.3.

Before that, I had been using Revolution 2.6.1 on both machines and OS X
10.4.2. Apparently the 10.4.3 update did something about text smoothing. I
do not believe anyone knows exactly what it was, although there is a
setting in the Appearance Preference Pane for automatic, as well as, light,
medium, strong.

The basis question is why Revolution is different from any other
application. Is there some interaction between Revolution and 10.4.3 that
is doing it? Is the text displayed through a different mechanism in
Revolution than other applications?

This occurs not only in flds, but everywhere in Revolution and with all fonts.

Thanks.

Bruce

--
Bruce Lewis