The Disappearing Desktop - It's Real This Time

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Nov 16 22:46:16 EST 2005

I think not.

Pricing models will change. We'll see pay-per-use, pay-per-month, pay-
per-file, pay-per-K and other similar models. When it's not necessary
for the manufacturer to package, distribute, sell, track, upgrade and
otherwise deal with thousands and thousands of copies of the software
out there -- and when piracy becomes all but extinct thanks to the
new models -- software prices will dive while profit margins remain
high.

At least that's how I see it.