deleteDups()

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Nov 16 14:35:42 EST 2005

On Nov 16, 2005, at 10:03 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Wow. That's good to know. Who woulda thunk? Our of curiosity, how
> long is "twice as long"? Is it minimal, or something we have to
> think about for long lists?

On a 1ghz powerbook I ran a check on a list with something like
30,000 entries, all 7 characters long, with no dupes in the list.

I ran the de-dupe routine 100 times in roughly 400 ticks for the
repeat for each version, 700 ticks for the split version.

Obviously that's 4 ticks for one iteration vs. 7, so we're not
talking the end of civilization here.

gc