The Disappearing Desktop - It's Real This Time

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Nov 15 18:22:27 EST 2005

On 14 Nov 2005, at 20:53, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Agreed. That and security are the issues and they have been more
> than adequately addressed for a long time now. The "omigod my data
> isn't on my own server" alarm is a red herring. Any company that
> sees the advantage in distributed browser-based apps can easily
> deal with the "scary" parts of the solution.

Go on then Dan - send me your last years accounts. I promise my
company won't look at it, data mine it, or forward any information
gained to any third party. To really reassure you, why not fill in a
signed web form which binds me to my little promise? You can trust me
honest :)

Seriously though Dan - I agree with you. Every time you make a normal
credit card transaction over the phone you are exposing yourself to
such risks if not more so - getting users to agree to that is another
matter.