revCopyFile progress bar

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Nov 15 12:25:52 EST 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 2:15 PM, Andrew Sharp wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Is it possible to have a progress bar while a file is being copied
> to a server with the revCopyFile command. The files are fairly
> large and take a minute or so to copy. The computer is actually
> copying the file but to the user it appears as if the computer has
> locked up.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Andrew

Andrew,

the revolution image library comes with some colorful indeterminate
progress bar... they will not go from 1 to 100%, but they will spin
forever. That's what I use when I don't know how to measure time. I
have a 'busy' handler that shows the thing, and a "notBusy" handler
that hides...

cheers
andre