Load URL returns error 10049

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 05:39:25 EST 2005

On 15 Nov 2005, at 05:59, Dave Beck wrote:

> Erin, I had the user ping the web site that the script is trying to
> access
> through Load URL and the ping returned:
>

> Ping statistics for 66.160.133.98
>
> Packets: Sent 4, Received 4, lost 0
>
> Approximate round trip minimum =72ms, maximum 78 ms, average 74ms

> So everything appears to be normal there. I also built I special
> version of
> the stand alone that accesses the URL through the IP address as you
> suggested, but unfortunately she still received the same 10049 error.

What happens when she tries to connect to the same IP address out of
a browser? Also, can you you have her use a Rev standalone to connect
to some other URLs (e.g. http://www.yahoo.com, etc,) and see if the
problem is limited to this address or others too.

> Any help anybody could offer would be greatly appreciated. Again, the
> problem is that the load URL command fails for this user when
> trying to load
> a web page and the URLStatus function returns "error". Then the
> libURLErrorData function returns "10049". This problem is isolated
> to this
> user and the stand alone has been distributed and works as expected
> for over
> 50 others, as accessing the same hard coded URL.

Just to confirm, is the error literally "10049" or is there some
other text such as "error on socket 10049"? Windows socket errors
usually return a little bit more than just the number, so if that's
all you're seeing, there might be something else going on.

Cheers
Dave