Buggy debugger -- solved?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 13:08:50 EST 2005

--- MisterX <b.xavier at internet.lu> wrote:
> I don't know if this is related but I think I found
> a serious engine bug
>
> put the selectedtext of btn "view" of grp "Objects"
>
> I have a btn view of group objects and also a btn
> View of grp Index of grp
> Objects...
>
> And this last one is the one that gets called!!!
>
> There's a possible problem with background objects
> and their references
> which
> may explain why the debugger also gets lost! Further
> testing coming, results
> in
> a bugzilla either way...
>
> cheers
> Xavier

Hi Xavier,

Sorry for the late reply, but I just wanted to confirm
this behaviour: I have been in situations where 2
buttons with the same name in a different group,
reselut in the engine applying my changes to the wrong
button, even though I use a reference like:
  set the fillColor of button "b1" of me to "orange"
(I'm away from my computer right now, so spelling of
the property may be off)

In your case, the engine could be grabbing the wrong
button, based on the layer of the button (if the
nested group Index was in a lower layer than the
button), but in my case the groups were not nested.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====