How can I print all parts of oversize cards!?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 13 23:47:03 EST 2005

Kresten Bjerg wrote:
> Sorry, I havent learnt how to make reply to join the thread.
> Been trying to follow the export snapshot idea, - but see no way to script the printing of the result,
>  either as file or as a variable....print apparently only relates to cards !!!

Yes, that's right.

>  Do I have to construct an extra "printbuffer-sub-stack" ,place the snapshot there,
>  and script the printing from there ????? -

That's how printing is usually done, right. If your wide printout is all
on one single card, then I'm not sure why it won't print. You should be
able to print a wide card just using the "print card" command. It will
tile onto multiple pages if it is too wide or long for the paper.

What OS are you using? OS X has a maximum image size it can handle, but
I don't know if that applies to card printing.

> -somewhat of a detour, as the window is visible , and user of the standalone should stay there,
>  and not be taken to such "printbuffer-substack"

You can print hidden stacks, that isn't a problem. You can open your
buffer stack invisibly, do whatever setup you need, print it, and close
it, and the user won't see anything happen.

But I don't think I understand what your original stack looks like. If
it is all one very wide window, it should print correctly without any
special work. Are you trying to print three different windows at once?
If so, then yes, importing 3 snapshots to a buffer stack and then
printing the buffer's card should work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com