scrolling to a line

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 18:59:21 EST 2005

Method result is that every character has at least one line
1. you could start with A-Z on successive lines, sort, then retain only
those letters whose next line is not that char.
2. put char 1 of each line into firstCharList; if {a-z} is not in
firstCharList, then append it; finally sort, thus all characters are present
in alphabetical order.  Locating a single line with a single character = no
other entries.
Albert Hall
Auditorium
B - null, empty, nada, bupkis, we recommend backspacing now
Concert in the Park
Dolby Theater

HTH

Jim Ault