Limitations of 'click'?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 13 16:22:04 EST 2005

I'm trying to traverse a set of fields whose names and numbers I
don't reliably know. In fact my plan is to rename them systematically
by visiting each one in turn. What I do know is their locations (they
form a grid to which the names will be related). I thought I could
move along the grid, storing the coordinates of the next field in
line in say myNewLoc, and then execute at each iteration:

  click at myNewLoc

or whatever. I can do this, and I am sure that I am clicking on an
open field, but this action doesn't seem to set either the clickField
or the selectedField, nor send an 'openField' message, so I can't
then operate on the field I've clicked on. In fact I find the
clickField to be empty and the selectedField to be a field which
clearly isn't selected. According to the RR docs, the 'click' command
acts as a mouse click, which would AFAIK set both these, so I must be
doing something wrong. Can anybody suggest what?

TIA

Graham