The Disappearing Desktop - It's Real This Time

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Nov 13 13:12:46 EST 2005

Dave-

Saturday, November 12, 2005, 4:54:07 PM, you wrote:

> I suspect the CIO was talking about "web services" in the narrow
> sense of something like SOAP (no longer word of the month). And if

My main problem with web and SOAP services is that they seem to appear
and disappear every six months or so. The only web services I use
anymore in my code are weather.com and the various language
translation services, and even there I try to script alternatives for
when they eventually go away.

...(and regarding Flavor Of The Month) even Parasoft, the makers of
SOAPTest, have recently changed that product name to SOATest...

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net