Safe (icon) image IDs

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Nov 13 12:26:36 EST 2005

On 11 Nov 2005, at 21:17, Scott Rossi wrote:

> But this reminds me of a "Stupid Web Trick"™ that I use in
> situations where
> I want to grab something from the Web, but for whatever reason the
> link is
> inaccessible from my browser (or Rev in this case).
>
> STEP 1 - open your favorite text editor
> STEP 2 - type the following into a new document:

> STEP 3 - save the document to your desktop as "link.html" or similar
> STEP 4 - open the link document in your Web browser
> STEP 5 - control/option click the link to auto-download to your
> computer

That's what I was trying to avoid :) This brings up the point of
setting mime types for browsers. I asked a couple of times on the
list the last month. I confess (miserably) to not having looked at
doing this in OSX yet - sure the dialogue is somewhere. But what I
really want is to have Rev do this for me, and a few years back
someone somewhere posted this on the Metacard list.

Anyone know how to get Rev to set up the mime types so as to automate
this for the user? Aim is to not just get browser to download file
and set file type for you, but to allow browser clicked links to open
a Rev stack. Can someone clarify the issues here for me? Ideally this
would be cross platform - but OSX is good enough for now?