The Disappearing Desktop - It's Real This Time

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Nov 12 23:24:20 EST 2005

Actually he was talking about a very much larger framework/standard
where Warner Brothers was thinking if they did it that way then
"everyone" could talk to their accounting via web services, banks,
vendors... etc.... everyone... i.e. the problem wasn't narrow scope
but the behemoth octopus syndrome.