ANN: XOSMediaLib under construction

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri Nov 11 22:33:20 EST 2005

RevGang

Here's a "webPage" where you can safely download the fixed and standalone
version
of xosmedialib.

<http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&li
d=82>

It should be standalone. SOME features are still under construction mind
you.

It still requires GIM to be resized (open GIM, activate it, open xosmedialib
and
all should work).

<http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&li
d=79>
(web page too)
But the rest should be, eh, appetizing...

(BTW, there's more under http://monsieurx.com -> downloads -> TAOO ->
Runrev...

Here's what you can do with XOSMediaLib:
- display and group all your images into one stack so you can reuse them
across all your stacks without id conflict nightmares.
- Import 1 or more images via menu, button click, or drag and drop
- View images in another stack (hopefully edit them - not supported yet)
- Images are organized in a nice grid that is almost smart (there's a bug in
the grid drawing for the last row of images though)
- Then you can clone, cut, copy, [paste may not work], flip, rotate images
with a single mouse button
- You can sort the image list by IDs, names, size (note the columns sort is
reversed if you click twice - and the tabs can be resized easily (this is my
latest taoo addition - thanks Chipp for the idea - note this is a display
bug demo for the tabstops bug I still have to bugzilla which you will see if
the tabstops are too close to each other - not my doing).
- You can export one or more images (multiple selections is in works - not
yet supported)
- Click on an image and you can change it's id, name. ID is checked for
duplicates!!!
- Imported images (not pasted) are set to an id in your range (see options)
that will not conflict with other images. Images also get custom props with
their date and path of importation.
- you can add descriptions and categories to images (in construction) - note
the collapsible groups for those do not work 100% ok).

More editing features to come like blend levels etc...

Things that don’t work:
- The 3rd tab! Assign images or patterns to any stack (in testing)
- The 4th tab! browse images (under construction)
- Some menus (still in testing).

Hope you like it! Sorry for the rough corners which are constantly being
improved as I get time to test or use them. This is not a professional tool
(yet) but a work in progress that does the image management in TAOO. What
you see done for images in this stack, is equally detailed in TAOO for text,
links, bookmarks, keywords, categories, object/records, rev objects, and
other objects...

Im not sure the stack will interest many until the external media editing
works like it does for the internal images of xosmedialib. The browsing
should work though (there's a stack menu in the middle on top of the grid)
choose the stack (not retested lately).

Not that I care to release bugs. But the image ID duplicates are a constant
problem for many. Maybe this can help you guys... For others, it is a rich
demo of many many features coming in from TAOO...

Sorry if the gui is complicated, ugly or not Mac happy. I hope you'll let me
know what doesn't fit or should be changed, im all ears.

For the history of it, the stack is under constant change since december
2004 (when I posted the image id conflict bugzilla) since I didn't see a
real image id solution coming any time soon, I took things to the next level
- automated management - but first I needed a gui to manage images - so
there it is.

Those interested in a 2000 icon library for external media testing, please
just request it...

I think that wraps it up! Since TAOO is built to be a collaborative
distributed system, your critiques, fixes, help is really welcome! Did I
forget to say anything? Yes, I have not tested this on a mac yet... visuals
may not be tuned for macs or linux... if you see anything that ticks your
eyes, send me a small screenshot offlist please...

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com/taoo - the RAD RAD