Safe (icon) image IDs

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Nov 11 15:17:45 EST 2005

Recently,MisterX wrote:

> http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=82
>
> that's strange. It works in explorer, firefox in xp, w2k, w2k3...
>
> works in rev 2.6.1 over those systems too with the go url (which I
> was surprised!)...
>
> Works from home over adsl, works from work with 4Gbit lines.
>
> And this way we hope rev competes with ajax... ;)
>
> try it on a pc. try it with
>
> load url "http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=82"
> save it as "xosmedialib.rev"
>
> no matter how I try it doesn't fail here.

Fails here too...

But this reminds me of a "Stupid Web Trick" that I use in situations where
I want to grab something from the Web, but for whatever reason the link is
inaccessible from my browser (or Rev in this case).

STEP 1 - open your favorite text editor
STEP 2 - type the following into a new document:

STEP 3 - save the document to your desktop as "link.html" or similar
STEP 4 - open the link document in your Web browser
STEP 5 - control/option click the link to auto-download to your computer

You can sometimes can save a page of Rev code from a Web browser but the
above works for pretty much any type of file.

BTW, Xavier, your stack seems to have a problem with a findtabstops
handler...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director