kwote

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Nov 11 07:23:56 EST 2005

David Bovill wrote:

> I use "merge" quite a lot actually :) Find it more intuitive than
> "format" which I am sure is faster!

I had never noticed merge before - thanks !
(Though on first glance it looks totally non-intuitive to me :-) ]

> function kwote string
>     return quote & string & quote
> end kwote
>
> So two questions:
>
>     1) How would you do this in a single line within a handler using
> "format"?

What I'd do is probably
   put quote & "%s" & quote  into gWote    -- somewhere like an
openstack handler
and then use it as
  put format(gWote, "asdf") into tVar

Notes:
1. gWote is of course a global
2. It helps to pronounce this in a Scottish Gaelic accent, where a "g"
sound is half between English "g" and "k"  :-)