Repeat for each

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 10:48:05 EST 2005

 >>That's what I thought! Interestingly enough in my repeat for each
loop I had "set cursor to busy" and that's what was bring this thing to
its knees. I knew that a progress >>indicator was a hog, but had no idea
that this would take such a heavy toll. Searches that were running 5
minutes now take about 5 seconds.
 >>Not too surprising - if you want to keep the busy cursor (worth it
for a 5 sec loop, IMHO), I'd put it into a conditional

  >add 1 to tBusyCounter
  >if tBusyCounter mod 1000 = 0 then set cursor to busy

It's just been a habit of mine to se the cursor to busy, but have never
considered that it could be slowing things down so much. Thanks for you
input on this Alex (and others) I appreciate it.

Marty Knapp