Basic focus issue - solved!

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Thu Nov 10 08:39:58 EST 2005

on mouseEnter
   set the lockText of me to false
end mouseEnter

on mouseLeave
   set the lockText of me to true
end mouseLeave

on openField
     set the backgroundColor of me to red
     --pass focusIn
end openField

on focusIn
     set the backgroundColor of me to red
     --pass focusIn
end focusIn

on focusOut
     set the backgroundColor of me to green
     --pass focusOut
end focusOut

on closeField
     set the backgroundColor of me to green
     --pass closeField
end closeField

Not figured out why exactly - but adding the mouseEnter/leave lock/
unlock bits - gets you the result you want - editable fields that you
can handle their appearance as the focus changes.

Just create a new stack - add one plain field - paste the scripts
above - clone the field as many times as you want. Not tested in
groups and complex situations - still happy for now.