Synchronization puzzle.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Nov 9 14:10:45 EST 2005

David Bovill wrote:

> I'd be interested in this for the Address Book app I'm working on.
> Not addressed the issue of data synchronisation in any depth yet...

The stack is now on revonline (username alextweedly, category: General),
called something like "Networked Address Book".

The synch method I used is described in
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-January/049974.html
along with some justification for why this method is needed (basically,
I needed a scheme with no central "master" copy, and the ability to
synch together any two copies that happen to come together at any time).

The sync idea is (I think) good and general (I use it for address,
calendar and notes - but the sync'ing is done without regard to the
content). The stack is usable, but has more rough edges than it does
smooth bits.