List fields and linktext

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Nov 6 16:48:15 EST 2005

Sorted. You must not have (as far as I can tell), the link style of
the text in a list field - if you want a list field to work that is.
Only by manually scripting and hiliting lines.

However, you can have the linkText set (which is what I needed) - so
all I had to do was:

     set the textStyle of line 1 to -1 of fld "Index" to plain

If anyone is interested why I'd want to do such a thing - it allows a
simple way to store information linked to the lines, that is fast to
access and allows you to sort the field keeping all the linked
information in place. Easier than using arrays. Pity Rev strips out
extra tag information when setting the htmlText of a field or you
could really link and store lots of useful info along side the
displayed text.