Access Address Book or iCal

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Nov 5 10:27:40 EST 2005

Mainly working on the interface at the moment to make it flexible to
extend - hence the Geometry questions :)

On 4 Nov 2005, at 18:48, Andre Garzia wrote:

> David,
>
> I also did some vObject library, if you want I can send to
> you... :D (the library needs more error checking)

Would be great - the scripts I have for vCal, vCard are no way
complete, aim to move onto that after Wednesday. Would be great to
merge the two libraries - but see note below.

On 4 Nov 2005, at 18:32, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> David Bovill wrote:
>
>> I am working on both cVard, vCal and Apple  Address Book
>> integration over the last week - should be finished the  first
>> beta on Wednesday - any testers?
>>

> Wanna sell that library?  That'd be quite a time-saver.

Not aiming to do this as a money earner - but do aim to release it in
a way which demonstrates how members of this community could work
together on products which are to be released open source but which
in they can also be paid to develop.

So the Address Book will be released free for anyone to use on a non-
commercial basis, while anyone using it for their company business or
bundling it into commercial products will be required to pay a small
fee.

The product will have a fixed bounty roughly equivalent to the
commercial cost of development. Once this bounty has been paid up, or
at which ever point all the contributors agree, the code and
interfaces will be released under an open source license - frankly i
don't care which.

Any developers contributing to the libraries or application design
will be issued digital shares in the product - entitling them to a
share in all revenues (if there are any from the product).

Current Functionality

     1) Customisable interface based on your own workflow

     2) Reads and writes from Apple Address Book

     3) Reads and writes to text files (XML or vCard)

     4) You can extend the fields and data to be stored - dumped at
the end of the notes field f using Apple Address Book.

     3) Reads and writes to your own or a shared LDAP database (via
web services)

Planned functionality

     1) Use your own database

     2) Searchable skills database for Rev developers