Tabbeb Panel Behaviour

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Nov 5 05:13:08 EST 2005

Hi John,

I work mainly on Mac OS where this can't be an issue but you could
try to lock messages to avoid this on Windows (not tested).

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

PS. BTW multiple tab panels a la MS Word are not always a good
solution from an ergonomic point of view ;-)

Le 5 nov. 05 à 05:52, John Tregea a écrit :

> I have a card that has three tab panels on it. If I click on say
> tab 2 of
> panel 1 it behaves as I would expect. That is the tab comes forward
> and the
> orange highlight strip shows on the top of that tab.
>
> The weird bit is that the corresponding tab on every other panel on
> the card
> also gets the orange strip. (in this case the second tab). Only the
> tab I
> click on comes to the front but the others highlight. I am guessing
> it has
> to do with message passing and an instruction targeting any object
> of that
> type on the card but I can't see anything obvious happening in the
> message
> watcher.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Oh, each tab panel is grouped with sub groups that are each named to
> correspond with the tab name on the panel. None of the names are
> the same
> across the groups, tabs or sub groups.

So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62