Constrain Within Circle?

TJ Frame tjframe at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 03:17:17 EST 2005

Here is a quick 1 minute hack - please no chastizing me on the "repeat while
the mouse is down" stuff. You can obviously turn this into a fancy self
contained function with params stuff..
  -- button script
 on mousedown
 put the loc of grc "Circle" into circleLoc
put (the width of grc "Circle")/2 into tLength
repeat while the mouse is down
 put the mouseloc into mLoc
put findLength(circleLoc, mLoc) into tDistance
if tDistance < tLength then
set the loc of me to mLoc
else
set the loc of me to findSegmentPoint (mLoc, circleLoc, tLength)
end if
end repeat
end mousedown

function findLength p1,p2
return round(sqrt((item 1 of p2 - item 1 of p1) ^ 2 + (item 2 of p2 - item 2
of p1) ^ 2))
end findLength

function findSegmentPoint pointA, pointB, tLength
put -tLength/findLength (pointA,pointB) into tRatio
return round(item 1 of pointB - tRatio * (item 1 of pointA - item 1 of
pointB)) & comma & round(item 2 of pointB - tRatio * (item 2 of pointA -
item 2 of pointB))
end findSegmentPoint