[Slightly OT?] Why It's Hard to Explain Rev

John Tregea john at debraneys.com
Fri Nov 4 19:59:38 EST 2005

HyperCard!!! Just a Rolodex!!!

I small sampling of projects I did with HyperCard in the 1990's were:

Front end to the Singapore Ministry of Defence payroll system (250,000
transactions per month) integrating Oracle and MD Mars imaging system

Overdraft management system for Bangkok Bank (linking Singapore and
Thailand)

Reseller (spare part) ordering system for Apple Computer interfaced to S38

Information prompter for television anchor people in news

Network based (pair work) Language learning software for German, Japanese
and French

Document level security system (Military Spec) for 2.5 million personnel
files

Decision support system for processing government funding applications for
tertiary education schemes

Videodisc front ends, spare parts catalogues, etc. etc. etc...

Many of these are still in use today

And BOY am I glad that I can now use that experience with Revolution instead
of being a dinosaur that doesn't write PHP, SOAP, XML, PERL, Java, ASP
etc... :)