Repeat for each

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 16:51:41 EST 2005

I have a tab delimited list (8 items per line) of about 65,000 lines.
All but 1 item are numbers. I’m trying to set it up so that I can enter
up to two operators per item (>,=, etc) to find a range of numbers. This
search criteria will then be used to evaluate my big list and place the
result into a field.

For example, I may need something like this:

item 2 of line x contains “word” and item 4 of line x >2 and item 8 of
line x>50 and item 8 of line x<500

I’ve made menu buttons that I select the operators from and a field to
enter a value. My “Process” button would then string these conditions
together and search the list for possible matches.

I’ve always used the repeat with x= structure and for some reason, can’t
seem to get the repeat for each alternative. With this much data, I need
something fast. I know even less about arrays, but perhaps they would be
helpful as well?

Thanks for any help

Marty Knapp