Dial Phone?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri Nov 4 11:30:33 EST 2005

One has to come up with the tones alone.

I just fired up Hypercard 2.4.1 in Classic and played with the tones
for a minute. I think the timing was thrown off by the G4, as it
would not loop the samples correctly anymore - something in the code
times out and the tones go 'da-da' instead of 'da' for a single
number...

Rev has no 'Dial' command, as Hypercard did. In HC, the little
samples were only a few cycles long and were looped to get the right
timing.

I have the raw DTMF tones stolen from HC and converted to WAV and
AIFF - I'll offer them  at http://barncard.com/dial_sounds.zip . The
zip is 44k in size.

In Rev you might use the PLAY command with the LOOPING option - but
I've never done this. It might be easier to put the tones into an
audio editor and cut-paste the tones to the right timing. At that
point it might be even better to get a good phone patch for an hour
and record all the samples you need from a real phone!

I'll leave the files up for a few hours.

sqb

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o