[Slightly OT?] Why It's Hard to Explain Rev

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Nov 3 19:37:51 EST 2005

Dan-

> "A good experience is rich, something worth exploring, telling others
> about, and experiencing again. It's overdetermined - or holistic - or
> *integrated*. And being integrated makes it (often) hard to explain,
> since one can't truly reduce an integrated whole to a simple cause."

> Well said, I think, and an apt description of Revolution's many-
> faceted appeals.

Yes, for those of us already in the know. It's still no help, though,
in terms of describing Revolution to potential users. My favorite so
far is

"It was a world of what it was, and it resembled nothing so much as an
environment"

-Edward Albee

...so - any attempt at trying to describe this for folks who haven't
dived in yet?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net