checking removable drives

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 3 17:19:36 EST 2005

Garrett R. Hylltun wrote:
 > Actually, running apps from removable devices is far more common
 > and growing in popularity.

How do other portable apps handle the customary behavior of being able
to launch an app by double-clicking one of its documents?  Or it is
considered acceptable to blow that off for portable apps?

And if we do ignore that for portable apps, assuming we'd like to ship a
single app for both portable and installed use, how can we know we're
running installed so that we could write the file association entry to
the registry as customers would expect for a hard-drive-installed app?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal