Hello from newbie

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 3 12:19:01 EST 2005

Erin D. Smale wrote:
> Revolution has *impressed* me at every turn, and I think
> I've found the tool I've been looking for to complete the dozen or so
> programming projects swirling around my head. I'm working through the
> tutorials included with the software, have started reading Dan Shafer's
> book, and find myself wandering around Revolution's great online
> documentation.
>
> Are there any other resources I should be checking out as a new user?

revJournal - a Revolution webzine, with articles and tutorials from many
of the most active members of this list:
<http://www.revjournal.com/>

A lot of people tell me this article helped them get their head wrapped
around the message path:
<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html>

Jacque Gay and RunRev Ltd have teamed up with more than a dozen
contributors to create this wonderful tutorial series:
<http://support.runrev.com/scriptingconferences/>

And as an experienced developer picking up Rev as a second language, you
might appreciate the helpful nerdliness of this article:

Fourth World Scripting Style Guide:
Helpful tips for xTalk, Lingo, and other 4GLs
<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/scriptstyle.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal