Hello from newbie

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Nov 3 12:06:08 EST 2005

Erin,

First of all, be very welcome. You just found the best resource ever
to Revolution which is this mailing list. If you have doubts or
questions, leave a post here, someone will point you in the right
direction. I find this list the most amusing thing ever!!! People are
friendly, code-sharing and very fun. xTalk languages are somewhat
different to the workflow php/c coders are used to, but once you
understand what you're doing, there's no turning back.

Since you styled yourself as a web coder, I'll put some links I find
cool so that you can have more resources. As some readers will
probably be aware, the first thing I always recommend is Richard
Gaskin "beyond the browser" article <http://www.fourthworld.com/
embassy/articles/netapps.html>, we're living in a techworld that is
too centered into the browser app, and this article brings a fresh
wind into our clouded ambient.

If you like CGI then you can look into libCGI, launch Revolution
Online and go to Rodney Tamblyn user (which is Rodney). Jacqueline
Landman Gay did a very nice tutorial on CGI with Rev <http://
www.hyperactivesw.com/cgitutorial/index.html>.

As your knowledge grows, it will become clear that the message
hierarchy is one of the great things about Rev and you can learn all
about the message system using Dar Scott Message Primer <http://
www.swcp.com/dsc/revstacks.html>.

Well, as I said, be welcome! have fun!

cheers