I guess I stumped everyone. :(

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 2 11:46:31 EST 2005

AbilityForms at aol.com wrote:
>  In a message dated 11/1/05 10:57:24 PM, jacque at hyperactivesw.com writes:
>

>>AbilityForms at aol.com wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Again,
>>>
>>>Yesterday I asked:   "How do I change the default size of the inspector,
>>>error & script windows?
>>>I'm on Mac OSX." I haven't received an answer yet. Surely someone must
>>
>>know
>>
>>>the answer.
>>
>>All of these windows have a resize box at the lower right and can be
>>dragged out to any size you want. The inspector will resize itself
>>dynamically depending on the pane you are viewing, but the size remains
>>approximately proportional to the size you set.
>>

> Thanks for responding Jacque,
>
> As I said before in other questions to the group I've apparently suffered
> some sort of corruption. These three windows all open to the full screen every
> time. It doesn't matter that I resize and save them. They still open full screen
> size the next time. Someone told me how to fix the preference panel and that
> worked. I was just hoping I could fix the other three panels in a similar
> fashion. If these windows are in a stack I could address the problems with an
> openCard or openStack handler.

I suspect the reason you aren't getting many answers is because no one
else has seen this. I know I never have. You may have already tried it,
but here is what I would do:

Throw away your entire Rev installation. Reinstall from a
newly-downloaded copy off the web site.

Do not install any extra plugins; leave the installation in its virgin
state. Create a new stack with a single button. Select the button and
open the inspector and check its size.

In the button, add this script:

on mouseup
   bloogle
end mouseup

When you click the button it will generate an error. See if the error
dialog is the correct size.

If these windows are normal size (and if they aren't, I haven't a clue
why not,) then the resizing problem is probably related to a specific
stack you are working on, or a script in a stack in use (i.e., a plugin)
or a backscript. I can't imagine any other reason for this bizarre
behavior. Something is resetting the default window sizes.

Corruption is highly unlikely (and very rare in Revolution) and of the
handful of corrupted stacks I've seen, they always crash or refuse to
open. Occasionally a bad image import will cause a problem, but that
also usually crashes.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com