Geometry Question

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Nov 1 22:39:31 EST 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Chipp's split the difference on this approach with the best of both
> worlds: the altLayoutManager plugin automates the generation of code for
> a resizeStack handler, leaving you free to tweak it directly at will.
> <http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginDownload/Downloads.htm>

Thanks Richard for remembering :-)

Currently my implementation does a couple of things GM doesn't. But, be
forewarned, it doesn't work on multiple card stacks. Just single card
stacks (GUI's). I need to fix that and will as soon as I have *that*
need ;-)

It allows you to position objects/behaviors for different platforms. So,
if you want a button sized differently on the Mac from the PC, it's
simple. It also allows you to create 'separator' pane controls, which
allow you to resize components within a window by dragging a separator
control. There's other stuff there too.

best,

Chipp