Broadband Optimizer for Revolution?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue May 31 17:34:59 EDT 2005

On May 31, 2005, at 2:52 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> DS> Well, I have had my caffeine, so I have no excuse, but I don't know
> DS> what transmit window is.
>
> Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU):

Ah.  That I know.  I imagine that if I was paying attention I would
have known that's what you were talking about.

I don't think that a large MTU would hurt the receive window.

Well, to get back to the original question, I agree there are
command-line utilities and even OS specific methods to tweak TCP/IP
parameters.

Perhaps Andre is right in that these mean buffer sizes for transmit.
(To me it seems strange to call the MTU a transmit window.)

Dar