Broadband Optimizer for Revolution?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue May 31 15:41:37 EDT 2005

On May 31, 2005, at 4:28 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> Am I too focused on the TCP standard and am missing the real world
> implementations?

Dar,

Sometimes I wonder why standards exists...

doing a simple googling on this topic I grooked that at least *BSD and
Windows2000 got settings for TCP Windows for receiving and for sending
data, I guess this must just be different buffer sizes ain't so?

Using the sysctl command line tool one can probe this stuff or one can
risk his tcp/ip stack using commands like:

sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.recvspace= Desired value
sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.sendspace=Desired value

this examples are for NetBSD 2.0, and I really don't think one should
fiddle with this. One would gain nothing I think, if the client and
server got different buffer sizes no one will gain by increasing it's
own size right? and the chances of this misbehaving is just too big....

andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL
http://studio.soapdog.org