Rev crashes when getting back web pages contents

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue May 31 14:25:29 EDT 2005

On May 31, 2005, at 9:01 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I need to get back the contents of about 30 web pages in a row.
> I tried various methods, inside loops or with a "send", using "put url
> tUrl into...", "load url tUrl..." monitored by a callback message,
> etc.
> But most of the time Rev crashes unpredictably and of course anytime.
> I had a look at Bugzilla but did not find anything about such an issue.
> I would really appreciate some clues: I become nervous :-)
>
> Best regards from Paris,
>
> Eric Chatonet.

Eric,

what are you doing with those pages? Are they XML or Unicode heavy
pages?

also depending on what you're doing, libURL will complain that you're
trying to request too many things at the same time, I'd suggest that
you create a stack (the cs structure) with all the URLs that you need
to retrieve, then go poping one by one and retrieving, only retrieve
the second when the first is already on memory, maybe, libURL is
getting confused.

Cheers
andre

> So Smart Software
>
> For institutions, companies and associations
> Built-to-order applications: management, multimedia, internet, etc.
> Windows, Mac OS and Linux... With the French touch
>
> Plugins, tutorials and more on our website

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL
http://studio.soapdog.org