Coding challenge?

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Mon May 30 19:19:50 EDT 2005

How about something that uses SQL? I'm trying to write a pop-up field that
you type the first letter of a word into, and then the next letter and so on
and a list of returns from that column of the SQL database returns instantly
and updating as you type. Or I suppose that is not interesting enough. The
clock face was an excellent idea along the lines of a coding challenge.

On 5/30/05 6:03 PM, "Björnke von Gierke" <bvg at mac.com> wrote:

> I think i'll stick with a runrev coding challenge, and that doesn't run
> on mobile devices IMHO. Also usefulness is not something that is
> required for a coding challenge ;-)
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> AND DON'T USE ALL CAPS WORDS. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO ME, AND MANY
> OTHERS HERE, TO SHOUT ALL THE TIME!!!!!
>
> On May 30 2005, at 23:55, Vjstbenz at aol.com wrote:
>
>> There is a big market for these MOBILE DEVICES programs now...
>>
>> people are dropping into WEB CAFES...and filling their SMART PHONES
>> ....pocket PC's with all types of software programs....
>>
>> some of this software is SUPER...and TOTALLY USEFULL to the man on the
>> street....
>>
>> there is one such program.....that is VERY HIGH LEVEL...and it allows
>> your pocketPC....to tell you how to get to a place...you need your
>> mobile phone too...
>>
>> it uses CELL PHONES and does positioning in this manner....CELLS.....
>>
>> it can tell you how to get from A to B.....your local STORE....right
>> the way to....the other end of town...even...
>>
>> there are many many many other software programs for MOBILE devices
>> and pocketPC
>>
>> my opinion
>>
>> try something along those lines...for a pocketPC running windows
>>
>> Ben

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)
          )___))___))___)\