here is the CLOCKFACE script...coded in 3 MINUTES...17 LINES of CODE

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon May 30 14:37:50 EDT 2005

On May 30, 2005, at 12:18 PM, Geoff Canyon wrote:

> I considered that possibility as well, but in practice it seems not. I
> think we thought of this because we're both being worrywarts. The math
> should result in, at minimum, a wait to _exactly_ the next second. If
> that happens _and_ the time spent executing the send...in is 0, _and_
> the send...in trigger happens _exactly_ on schedule, it would still be
> he next second, and do the right thing.

Underneath, the queued message is associated with a time.  In my tests,
that time is just past the whole second.

Perhaps the code that checks the pending messages waits to see if the
current time is greater than or equal the time associated with the
message.  So, even if the clock has a low resolution, it has to pass
the target time.  Also, the time value used in display is probably
based on the same clock, so all is well.

Dar