Table Problems

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Mon May 30 08:29:27 EDT 2005

Hi Len,

What you need is not so hard. 6 columns = 1-6 fields...

Just make a number of fields in the fashion of columns.
Each should be scrolling (you can align the text left or right).

Have the leftmost fields scrollbar be at a lower layer than the
right most so the scrollbar can be hidden and you have a nice
table...

Then you need to auto-hilite and scroll the fields together which is
quite easy with scrollbardrag and mouseup events...

cheers
Xavier

On 30.05.2005 14:11:56 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>I'm trying to get a simple table of data from a database to display like
>a table object "should" and I can't seem to figure it out.  The data
>consists of both text items and dollar amounts.  Some of the text items
>are left aligned and some are centered in their column.  The dollar
>amounts are supposed to be right aligned (better still, decimal
>aligned).  I can make every cell left OR right OR centered but I can't
>make individual columns align each in their own way.
>
>What am I missing?  I had to resort to an individual field for each cell
>in one part of the app but in that case I knew there would never be more
>than 6 columns and 5 rows.  The data I'm trying to do now could have a
>hundred rows in it (although the column widths would be fixed) and will
>need a scrollbar to move through the entire list.
>
>Is this something Revolution can do?  If not, is this basic control
>planned for some future version?  Can I somehow create my own table
>widget (say using TkTable as a starting point) and have it integrated
>into Revolution?  This seems like a very basic capability for a GUI/RAD
>system.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Len Morgan

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER