Dreamcard script problem

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat May 28 10:03:23 EDT 2005

Hi DOug,

If text to speech is not available on the current system, the text-to-
speech commands set the result function to an error message.
And we may think that's the problem.
So, you could try something like:

put revSpeechVoices() into tVoices
if it = empty then answer error "No computer's text-to-speech
capability!"
else etc.

or

revSpeak "All is well."
if the result <> empty then answer the result.

Managing errors is one of the most important things in any software ,-)

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 28 mai 05 à 15:52, Douglas Gilliland a écrit :

> I am an educator that just recently switched from HyperStudio (using
> some HyperLogo scripting) to Dreamcard. I have created a stack to use
> in my science class that has the following script:
>
> on mouseUp
>   revSetSpeechVoice "Victoria"
>   revSetSpeechSpeed 130
> revSpeak "That is not correct. Try again"
>   answer "The Density of Water is 1.00 g/mL."
> end mouseUp
>
> Problem: It works find on my PowerBook (which I have DreamCard
> installed). But when I play it on a student eMac (with the Dreamcard
> Player) the button action does not execute. Another button with a
> simple "go next" script works fine.
>
> Any ideas on what is preventing the button action?
> Thanks,
> Doug Gilliland

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86