testimg my new mail programme: please ignore

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sat May 28 04:11:28 EDT 2005

You wrote:

Hi Malte

>  >Also I used it on my Acorn RISC machine and know how good it is.
>
> Did you own an archimedes?

Yep I sure did. They are still going strong in Hardware and emulation.
see www.drobe.co.uk for news www.riscos.com for the OS www.iyonix.com
www.advantage6.com for hardware. Incidentally, the emulator was released for
MAcos last week (been on wintel for a few years) see www.virtualacorn.co.uk

I had an A3010 at home and used A5000's and an A310 in my research. In thise
days we had someone write the applications in assembler. They flew on a 25
Mhz Machine.

I ended up with a 233 strongARM machine that was faster than a P3 1ghz
running windows. I took it into the lab one day and turned it on and strted
using it in 5 secs and everyone that had not seen RiscOS said Ohhh what IS
THAT? How fast is that machine (they all thought it waas a new top of the
range imaging workstation).

Anyway I could't resist a bit of nostalga. :-)

Cheers
Bob